Blogathon for Pearlington

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Sheds For Jesus


I found this picture here where it was obviously posted by a Pearlington volunteer. I don't know anything about the white shed that claims to be for Jesus, but the shed to the right looks exactly like the ones I must have seen in about 100 places in Pearlington, 120 to be exact, according to this article from the University of Virginia website.

I knew someone had donated those sheds, but I wasn't sure who. I'm glad I had the occasion to look into this.

These sheds were as inspired as they were kind. They gave people a way to get electricity to their lots even when they were living in tents. And they give people living in FEMA campers a place to keep full-sized washers, driers, and refrigerators.

That, my friends, is what we call a Godsend around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home