Blogathon for Pearlington

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Marion Black


Marion and Shirley Black are nothing short of Godsends to Pearlington. Marion is a retired contractor and the CBF disaster relief coordinator for South Carolina. He and Shirley discovered Pearlington on their first trip to the coast to survey the damage. They are responsible for bringing CBF to Pearlington through their contacts with Steve Street and Greg Wolfe of CBF. They’ve also given immeasurable time, labor, knowledge, and love to the rebuilding efforts, having spent much of the year living in a camper in Pearlington at their own expense.

But enough of all that. They’ve been good friends to me. Much of my own time in Pearlington has been vastly improved by Shirley’s cooking and company.

Pictured above is Marion working on blowing insulation into Vickie Netto’s house. This is the best I could do. He doesn’t stop working long enough to have a proper picture taken.

1 Comments:

  • Sharon, My name is also Sharon. I am Marion and Shirley Black's daughter. I don't know if you have heard, but Daddy passed away on Sunday, February 7, 2010. I just wanted you to know. He and Mom both talked about Pearlington and the wonderful people that they got to know while they were there. He will be greatly missed!

    By Anonymous Sharon Black Yarbrough, at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home